The analysis about current situation and development prospect of 2019 sports industry—EscceGloftrendoneshoes
Statistics show that thanks to the improvement of health awareness and the improvement of sports supporting facilities, Chinese people’s participation in sports has increased significantly in recent years, and the demand for relevant sports products has increased. The sports apparel industry has developed rapidly.
The size of China’s sportswear market increased from 16.2 billion yuan in 2003 to 66.4 billion yuan in 2008. After that, due to the influence of macroeconomic environment, consumption upgrading and other factors, the growth rate of sportswear market slowed down, but still maintained a double-digit growth rate driven by the national sports tide.
In 2012, the scale of China’s sportswear market has exceeded 100 billion yuan, about 122 billion yuan. By 2017, China’s sportswear market has grown to over 200 billion yuan.It is preliminarily estimated that the size of China’s sportswear market in 2018 will reach about 230.8 billion yuan, an increase of 11.0% over the previous year.
Statistics and forecast of Chinese sportswear market size from 2003 to 2018
Sportswear is still the future of the great apparel track
It is estimated that the compound growth rate of China’s sportswear industry will exceed 10% in the next five years. Meanwhile, compared with developed countries, China’s per capita sportswear spending is only 2/3 of the global per capita, and the market ceiling is still far away.
2. Nike and Adidas are two giants running neck and neck
— sportswear market concentration continues to increase, with Nike and Adidas leading the way. In 2018, the global sportswear CR5 was about 35 percent, while Nike and Adidas had a combined 27 percent share.
— Nike: technology first, innovation driven. Nike has always occupied the top spot in the industry. In the past 17 years, Nike has implemented the “three doubles” strategy to accelerate the pace of innovation, enhance consumer interaction, and increase the growth of its business.
— Adidas: fashion leader with strong growth momentum. After adopting the fashion strategy in 16 years, the compound growth rate of net profit was nearly 35%, and the performance improved significantly.
In 2018, the global market share reached 11.2%, narrowing the gap with Nike. China’s market share reached 19.5%, ranking the first.
3. The local sports apparel leader develops steadily
Although Nike and Adidas lead in market share, there is still plenty of room for local quality enterprises to grow.
1) anta: rising giant, continuously accelerating growth — the net profit in 2018 increased 33% year-on-year, and the growth rate continued to accelerate;
— the domestic market is firmly in the top three, and local brands dominate the top one;
— the multi-brand strategy has achieved remarkable results, and the future multi-point outbreak is expected.
2) li ning: the recovery is strong.– 2018 annual revenue increased by 18% and net profit increased by 39%;
– channel structure adjustment, store efficiency optimization is obvious;
— increase the fashion trend of sports, fashion week hot style to improve the brand image.
4. Intensive farming in subdivided fields is expected to find a new way
Under the attack of many sports apparel leaders, emerging brands are expected to emerge from a small field.
1)lululemon: focus on market segments and create exquisite products.– revenue and net profit increased by 24% and 87% year-on-year in fiscal year 2019;
– positioning the movement of professional segmentation, differentiation competition, break out of the encirclement;
— seize the opportunity of industry trend and accurately locate customer groups.
2)UnderArmour: aggressive expansion, no more high growth myth.– the tights brand, which has long been popular because of its high-tech capabilities, briefly overtook Adidas as the second largest sportswear brand in the us market;
— the radical expansion led to the loss of internal management. In 2017 and 18, the company suffered losses for two consecutive years and fell from the altar.
5. Sports fashion leads the trend and becomes the darling of the industry
Sports fashion category has become a very popular category of sports apparel, the growth rate is super fast, major sports brands have begun to build fashion line.
1)Fila: the phoenix rises from the ashes and sings all the way.After the adjustment, the annual revenue of 2018 increased by 90% year on year, and the terminal flow of 2019Q1 increased by nearly 70% year on year, maintaining a high growth rate.
2) skecky: “entertainment marketing + professional sports” drainage, the Chinese market has made rapid progress. In 2018, China’s retail sales reached 14.1 billion yuan, up 36% year on year, and sportswear accounted for 5.8% of the market, jumping to the fourth place.
6. Outdoor sports apparel is expected to benefit from the winter Olympics dividend and become the next outlet
1) the outdoor products industry is still in its early stage of development. With the adjustment coming to an end, it is expected to usher in a new round of growth. The sports giant anta has acquired Descente(professional ice and snow clothing) and archaeopteryx (high-end outdoor) successively. The layout of the outdoor field proves that the industry is still full of opportunities.
2) the dividends of the winter Olympics continue to catalyze, snow and ice sports bear the brunt, leading to the increase of outdoor sports heat. Beijing 2022 is expected to significantly promote the rapid growth of China’s snow, ice and outdoor industries.